I was recently asked, How do I hear from God. This was my response:
To me, the discernment of the Lord is as obvious as the nose on my face. The more I get into God's word, the more he brings up scripture at just the right time. Since the Bible is the instruction book on life, I simply pray over decisions and the Holy Spirit lays in my heart, the instructions. The more I know His instructions, the easier it is for me to know what God has in store for me.
In the case of my prayer for an upcoming missions trip to the Dominican Republic, the Lord reminded me INSTANTLY as I prayed, the story of Jonah. You see, Jonah was SUPPOSED TO go to Nineveh but because Jonah WANTED to do things his way(much like Nelson REALLY wants to go to DR), God made it obvious to Jonah that HE did not want JONAH to go where Jonah wanted.
In a way, that is me. I REALLY want to go but I believe God has a Nineveh in my future. The true destination HE WANTS me to go to make the most impact for HIS kingdom. So it's not about what Nelson WANTS, but rather what God has in store for me.
On the second day, Me STILL questioning or doubting and REALLY still wanting to sign up for DR, God INSTANTLY gave me this scripture:
You say, "I am allowed to do anything"—but not everything is good for you. You say, "I am allowed to do anything"—but not everything is beneficial. (1 Corinthians 10:23 NLT)
So once again God reminded me through HIS word, that although this this trip is a good thing, it may not be the one that God has prepared for me. It may not be the one that is beneficial for Nelson to be used for God's glory. I'm okay with that. Especially since I knew that the Peru missions trip was for me because the Lord lead me to it and what a great testimony came out of that.
I urge you to get into God's words as a supplement to prayer when you have a decision to make. You will be AMAZED at how clear the answers will be.
Be Blessed
Nelson
No comments:
Post a Comment