When I was in Marine Corp boot camp, the drill instructor would constantly say, "You ain't on the bus yet." What that meant for us was total freedom and liberty from the harsh and grueling world that were living in. You see, Marine Corp boot camp is no cake walk. It is physically and mentally challenging. There was a goal at the end though, to finish and finish strong. Once we finished, that was when we were able to get on the Bus and leave that tough and cruel place.
I was reminded during my devotional this morning that life is a lot like boot camp, this world is a lot like boot camp. Tough, cruel, and a constant mental and(the older I get) physical battle. But for those of us who believe in Christ as our savior, there is a goal. There is a prize at the end. The liberty from all the hurt and all the pain. That's why I keep running the race.
I love the message version of this passage:
I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back. (Philippians 3:12 MSG)
I pray this blesses someone today as it has blessed me.
No comments:
Post a Comment