Sep 23, 2012

We are not made to function without God

A lot of us think we got it together. If a problem arises, we forget to turn to the one who offers us rest and try to handle things ourselves. Or worse, we reject God by saying, "I've just got some things to work out, I've got to fix this before I get back to church" or "this problem is too big for God."

Well His word says: "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:5 NLT)

Without God we cannot do anything ourselves. Once we realize that true happiness, love, joy and peace come from God, it is easier for us to turn things over to Him than carry it ourselves.

Do you want to experience freedom from whatever is holding you down? Give it to Him. Because apart from Him, we can't do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment